Sunday, February 9, 2014

Retro, Decorative & Zany

I have a love of using decorative elements in my work. The influences of Picasso, Chagall & Leger
left their mark on me. However, growing up in the 60s, the Silver Age of comics had a huge impact on me as well. I lived and breathed Marvel comics and the adventures of The Fantastic Four, Captain America, Daredevil, Spiderman. Thor etc., etc., . I also took in all those wacky ads which were featured throughout the inside and back covers of those great comics advertising Sea Monkeys, X-Ray Glasses and Lessons on how to throw your voice or develop "manly" muscles so you don't get the shit beat out of you at the beach.  Damn, those were good times!


Here are three new cardboard pieces showing examples of Retro, Decorative and ....Zany.



No comments:

Post a Comment